July 13, 2015

The Dust Collecting & Introductions

So much dust around here. I used to blog a lot. I used to write a lot--or at least more than I do know. I feel like the words that used to come out so effortlessly have dried up. I haven't had much to say since last summer. I still don't. 

Some writers say there are times they've lost their voice. I know I have and that time is now. I don't feel bad about it too much--I miss it, but I'm not yearning for it... yet--and I think that's the key to understanding this thing we call "block."

I don't want to blog a bunch of words and then not mean them, or live them. Which means there just might be dust bunnies living in the corners for a little longer. 

I did want to take a moment to introduce you to another project I started though, that I think especially my fellow teacher friends will be happy to hear and see. 


The site is not yet perfect, but you should come check it out and say hi =)

6 comments :

  1. Well, if you are returning little by little, welcome back, Natalie. Otherwise, we totally understand the dust bunnies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same. My blog is pretty much dead and although I feel like it's okay, it's also not. I miss blogging a lot, but the words won't come. And as you said, forcing it doesn't make any sense. So I guess I'm left with another cup of tea waiting for the block to disappear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here. Thanks for the fun season of blogging together and encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you are struggling with the infamous writers block, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. :) I think it's good to know the difference though. I've seen some bloggers go crazy trying to post on a certain day about something-anything and then just completely burn out. Sometimes I think we all need to step away and live the life God has given us rather than just telling everyone else about it. Both take a lot of time and energy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dust bunnies are totally understandable … you've had a busy year! I miss your wisdom and truth in your writing, though! "The Educator's Companion" looks great! What an awesome project that'll hopefully be useful and encouraging to other teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's not only dust on my blog, but dust on my favorite's list of the blogs I read (per my not coming around to read in such an awfully long time!). There's been a lot of quietness around here, too, even in the personal journal. I finally picked it up the other day and words came more freely in that little space than they had in awhile. I think my words and thoughts are meant to be private for now, and that's okay. As I pray for my own season of writer's block, I pray yours is productive in all the ways your heart needs. :)

    P.S. I LOVE the artwork on your new project, and that your giving of yourself from where God has you now! So cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.