March 3, 2015

Book Review: "Make it Happen" by Lara Casey

Photo Source
Like so many, I can easily get caught up in the daily mantra of trying to do everything better and yet at the same time feeling totally unproductive, all the while watching others who seem to have more hours in a day to get more and more done. I'm not a fan of New Years resolutions. I'm not a fan of goal making. I'm not a fan of talking about anything related to the two because I get overly caught up in the progress part of it... or the lack thereof. So it's unlikely that I would pick up a book and read up on how to make things happen in my life (even more unlikely that I'd enjoy it)--but I did: Lara Casey's Make it Happen: Surrender Your Fear, Take the Leap, Live on Purpose.

I first heard about Lara Casey and her work through my friend Elle's blog last year, when she was going through Casey's Powersheets. Watching Elle's progress for the whole year made me want to give this purposeful-goal-making-and-reaching a whirl for 2015. So I eagerly agreed to review the companion book to kick off the new year. 

The book is broken down into four different sections, with the first three focusing in on surrendering our fears, taking leaps of faith, and learning to live on purpose. The three combined make for a full, whole life according to Casey--one which gets things done, but for the right reasons and in light of what God desires for our lives. Lara Casey weaves in her own journey of learning to live life purposeful with all the joys and hardships included. The fourth section then practically walks the reader through how to walk it all out. 

I so appreciated how the author talked at great length about stopping the glorification of busy, and learning to say 'no' in order to say the best 'yes'. Casey's mantra throughout the whole book is to "make all those things happen you've always wanted to." A tall order? Yes, but she shows you how with time, grace, faith, and baby steps, not a totally unfeasible feat.
|| Author's Website & Blog
|| Photo Source

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for mentioning me! I want to buy this book (or maybe get back into reviewing books so I can get a free copy from a publisher. I fell off the wagon with that one because I wasn't able to review in the time span they give you). I really liked Casey's goal-setting method and her theory behind it all, especially how she points back to allowing God to mold and re-shape your goals as He knows is best. I am loving your goals so far and am rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Can't wait to read it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.