February 7, 2015

2015 || January Progress, February Goals




The first two months of the year are hands down the hardest for me--a result of a combination of many small things, so a small part of me is happy that January has come and gone and there are a only a handful of short weeks to live through in this month. 

One joy to celebrate though is that about a week ago I got hired as a teachers aid, which I'm thankful for, but as the season for hiring full time teachers is right around the corner, I would appreciate any and all prayers from you!

Here were January's goals and the progress I made (crossed them off as I went)...

|| Career
-Focus on applying to at least three positions per week
-Substitute work
-Pray
-Organize teaching/ed materials
-Launch teaching blog

|| Spiritual
-Read Pursue the Intentional Life, by Jean Fleming, The Holy Wild: Trusting in the Character of God, by Mark Buchanan, and Make It Happen: Surrender Your Fear. Take the Leap. Live on Purpose, by Lara Casey
-Study 3-5 chapters of Isaiah
-Set up and organize prayer journal for 2015

|| Blogging
-Get back on track with a blogging schedule
-Prioritize a specific time to write
-Skype chat with another fellow blogger friend
-Catch up on on reading and commenting on blogs I follow

|| Stewardship
-Read Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness, by Dave Ramsey
-Set-up account for EveryDollar 
-Discern financial goals and budgeting priorities
-Research and buy new phone+plan

|| Wellness...
-Come up with new workout regiment
-Drink more water

***********
I feel like starting a new job and the stresses that come with that put many of last months goals on hold, so many of them made it on to this months list...

|| Career
  • Continue applying for full time teaching positions as they come up, and pray through all the stress and fear that brings with it
  • Launch teaching blog

|| Spiritual

|| Blogging
  • Get back on track with a blogging schedule--figure out and carve a specific time to give this the time and attention I want to
  • Give the blog a bit of a facelift (new design)
|| Stewardship
  • Discern financial goals and budgeting priorities
  • Arrange student loan payment plan

|| Wellness
  • Come up with new workout regiment
  • Drink more water 
  • Establish morning routine 

What are some of your goals this month?

6 comments :

  1. Hi Natalie! Congratulations on getting hired as a teacher's aide! I will pray for you as full time teaching positions open up and as you transition into this new career lifestyle! You will be great. Speaking of skyping...I would love to skype soon! It's been way too long and I think about you often! Would love to catch up :)

    Have an awesome day!!!
    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the stress of applying for jobs...keep praying. God has the perfect spot already picked out for you. Just trust Him even if it looks different than what you imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the teaching aid position, Natalie! And I will be praying for a full-time position to open up for you! These are great goals! I am hoping to read Total Money Makeover sometime this year as well. Let me know what you think since you will likely get to it before I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful list! It is always good to plan, have goals, and prioritize our lives! I pray you get the job - in the right place, that is just right for you! God bless, Net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how break out your goals on categories. Congrats on getting a new job! That is both exciting and tiring in the same time.:) I will pray for you to find the time and the wisdom to finish as much of your Feb goals.
    xo, nami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I really admire you for setting specific monthly goals. I need to do the same. It is so easy to just float through the day and evening and continue griping that I don't have time to do the things I say I want to do. You are making it happen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.