October 23, 2014

Quotable


The simple program of Christ for winning the whole world is to make each person he touches magnetic enough with love to draw others. ~Frank Laubach
I’m often difficult to love. I go through dark periods like the moon and I hide from myself. But I promise I will kiss your wounds when they’re hurting. Even if they’re in your soul, I can find them with the light in my fingertips. I will lead you to the river so you can remember how beautiful it feels to be moved by something that is out of your control. And when our dark periods match, we can breathe with the grass and look at the night sky. The stars will remind us of the beauty in our struggles and we won’t feel lost anymore. ~Emery Allen
Sleep with me. I couldn’t care less if we’re wearing five layers of clothes, or nothing at all. You belong in my bed. You deserve to feel the comfort of what I call ‘paradise’. Sleep with me. I’ll help you recreate the warmth that left your fingertips years ago. I want to hear you breathe easily, as the sound drowns out every single worry on my weary mind. Sleep with me. I don’t mean to create such a sense of urgency, but you deserve to feel safe, and I’ll do everything in my power to make that happen. ~Connotativewords
In order to receive grace, you must accept Jesus. Not the idea of Jesus, but the actual Jesus; the one who calls you to leave everything behind. The one who says that you must carry your cross, the one who spoke truth in the face of deceit. The Christ who clung unto a world that had let go long ago, Jesus who calls us beloved. If grace is an ocean, you must jump in! ~T.B. LaBerge
God’s mercy is so great that you may sooner drain the sea of its water, or deprive the sun of its light, or make space too narrow, than diminish the great mercy of God. ~C.H. Spurgeon

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.