March 6, 2014

Quotable

...scars serve a purpose. They're to remind us that we have survived. We were once broken and by the grace and unfailing love of God, we have been restored, healed and made whole. ~Carmen Miller
When the tears have dried and the heart ache has given way We will find ourselves not far from a God who has held us in our storm, who has knelt in our grief and stayed with us. When all is said and done, we will find ourselves in a better land, holding the hand of a better man. ~T.B. LaBerge
Let’s allow our tables to distress at their own pace, as a result of years of real conversation and sometimes awkward–not so picture perfect-meals. ~Eric Houppert
You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering. ~Ernest Hemingway
Shakespeare, Leonardo da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin and Abraham Lincoln never saw a movie, heard a radio or looked at television. They had 'Loneliness' and knew what to do with it. They were not afraid of being lonely because they knew that was when the creative mood in them would work. ~Carl Sandburg
Legalistic remorse says, "I broke God’s rules," while real repentance says, "I broke God’s heart." ~Tim Keller
The universe shudders in horror that we have this infinitely valuable, infinitely deep, infinitely rich, infinitely wise, infinitely loving God, and instead of pursuing him with steadfast passion and enthralled fury—instead of loving him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength; instead of attributing to him glory and honor and praise and power and wisdom and strength — we just try to take his toys and run. It is still idolatry to want God for his benefits but not for himself. ~Matt Chandler

5 comments :

  1. I basically buffered 90% of this post to my twitter. Encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, these are great. I especially love the first one about scars and the Ernest Hemingway one about suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I copied every single one of these. I especially love the first one, and the Tim Keller one. It almost made me tear up. It's all about my perspective, isn't it? Scars being surviving, and sin being a heart-breaker. I just love this.

    Thank you! I will use these on my FB page for sure. Blessings to you.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.