August 8, 2013

Quotable


The central idea of the great part of the Old Testament may be called the idea of the loneliness of God. ~G.K. Chesterton
Consider Jesus, know Jesus, soak in the shadow of Jesus, saturate your soul with the ways of Jesus. Watch him, listen to him, stand in awe of him. Let him overwhelm you with the way he is. ~John Piper
Give yourself permission to enjoy fully the things you have, the person you are, and the life you are currently living while continuing to harbor the dreams that keep you growing and stretching into the future. ~Priscilla Shirer
Lucy woke out of the deepest sleep you can imagine, with the feeling that the voice she liked best in the world had been calling her name. ~C.S. Lewis 
There are days when solitude is a heady wine that intoxicates you with freedom, others when it is a bitter tonic, and still others when it is a poison that makes you beat your head against the wall. ~Unknown
Open all your pores and bathe in all the tides of nature, in all her streams and oceans, at all seasons. ~Henry David Thoreau
My dear, I think of you always and at night I build myself a warm nest of things I remember and float in your sweetness till morning. ~Zelda Fitzgerald in a letter to F. Scott Fitzgerald
I believe a strong woman may be stronger than a man, particularly if she happens to have love in her heart. I guess a loving woman is indestructible. ~John Steinbeck 
A women is like a tea bag. It's only when she is in hot water that you realize how strong she is. ~Carl Sandburg

5 comments :

  1. I love that Narnia quote so much!! Do you keep a notebook of quotes? I used to do that and this makes me want to again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do... but I'm always behind and lazy with it.

      Delete
  2. I really love some of these...it does make me want to keep a quote notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the John Piper and the Zelda Fitzgerald quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie! What a wonderful group of quotes you have here! And you are letting your readers decide what it means to them. Brilliant! I love GK Chesterton, so I really appreciated that you put him first! LOL!

    But the Shirer one speaks to me today. Enjoy fully what you have...I think that's the secret to happiness.

    Good to see you!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.