August 23, 2013

August Favorites

August. It's like I blinked, and now it's almost over and done with. It was unseasonably cool, which has stirred in me the desire for an early fall, my favorite time of year. But knowing mid-west weather all-to-well, it'll still be summer-like through September. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though. Here are some favorite things from this month...

August Favorites

Teas I've been consuming like crazy: Stash's Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea, Bigelow's Peach Green Tea, and Teavana's Blueberry Bliss Pineapple Kona Pop. I've also had a major chips and salsa craving lately, and since I've been dabbling in Whole Foods and the whole clean eating/GMO free thing, I've found my favorite corn chips... although they're not made with corn... they're bean chips, which makes them a whole lot healthier (and makes me less guilty about consuming a large amount of them): Beanitos.

You know how I'm addicted to my lip balms, particularly Burt's Bees, so I picked up a new one to try made with mango butter. Trying to go a bit more natural/organic with my beauty products this year as well, and while the brand isn't totally organic, I've been really into Organix's hair care line. Plus, they smell sooooo good. My current favorite is the repairing Awapui Ginger.

Encouraging and Thought Provoking Reads: 8 Ways Satan Convinces You to Question Your Salvation, Brag About Jesus, On Covering Nakedness, and God Isn't Punishing You.

Recipes I Made, Ate, and Stamp My Approval on: Tomato Basil Pie and Peach Pound Cake.

Hilarity and Cuteness: Tim Hawkins on Yoga Pants and Kemosabe's Tree Fort

Sometimes I need the noise of a coffee shop to get work done. Embarrassing? Now there's a solution to get the coffee-shop-hum without being in a coffee shop: Coffitivity

I seem to be on a bit of a Broadway kick with my music listening this month, with my favorite being Laura Osnes in Cinderella, Bonnie and Clyde, and her album from last year especially: Dream a Little Dream.

Your turn! What are some of your favorites from this month?

2 comments :

  1. Hmm, I've never heard of those chips but they sound good! I'll definitely be looking for them.

    And fall is my favorite time of year too! I am very ready for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give them a try and let me know what you think =)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.