July 22, 2013

Monthly Favorites: July

I just looked at my calendar today and now it's hit me that there are only a few short weeks left until fall semester starts back up again. While I'm not ready to get back into the routine of writing papers to boring assigned topics, for maybe the first time in my life I can actually say I'm ready to get back to school. Get back to feeling a bit more productive. And I'm sure the time will fly by even faster now =) Here are my favorites this month...

July Favorites



Beth Moore's book Believing God. Just like all the other Beth Moore books I've now read, this one was equally great, bringing the readers attention to taking God at His word, trusting what He says as truth. I've also been working through a few Tim Keller books this summer, with my favorite one so far being Prodigal God. Finally, if you're looking for just a fun read to end the summer with, I suggest The Princess Bride. It's equally, if not more, as great as the movie.

Blog Surfing Finds: When Friendships Change, The In-Between... What To Do While You Wait, and Bloom's Book Club has been going through Shauna Niequist's recent book, Bread and Wine (my review can be read here), so if you've picked it up in the past couple of months, you may want to check out the videos they've been doing.

Etsy Shop Lovein': Jewelsalem, Marolsha, and Jacaranda Designs.

I don't think you can live in the mid-west and not get away with blasting country music or having it on in the background 95% of the time throughout these hot summer days. So I've been listening to my all-time favorites this month... and will continue to for rest of my life (thank-you-very-much): Sara Evans, Josh Turner, Emerson Drive, High Valley, and Kieth Urban.

What have been some of your favorite things you've been enjoying this month? 

*Image Sources: Pacifica Blood Orange Fragrance/Revlon Colorstay Nail Polish/Prodigal God/Believing God/The Princess Bride/Talenti Gelato

12 comments :

  1. I definitely need to give that Beth Moore book a try. I LOVED her book "To Live is Christ". It was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one yet, but I'll look into it =)

      Delete
  2. We are almost finished with Breaking Free by Beth Moore. amazing. life-altering. If you haven't done it, you should consider it. Thanks for your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breaking Free is a one of her best for sure Susan!

      Delete
  3. Been enjoying the books I've been reading. In general. What a ride Christian fiction has been this year - mainly a "good" one. :)

    Ooo! Never read Princess Bride. Saw the movie once and while it was fun, I think it's dated filmmaking and silliness was a too over-the-top for me. Still... I do tend to enjoy "silly" fairytales so perhaps it was more the former than latter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend it. It's a classic =)

      Delete
  4. Hi Natalie! I guess I had better get some Beth Moore books! I have not read them, and you are certainly not alone in appreciating her.

    Good things this month: Vacation with my family, seeing my daughter and her family tomorrow, warm weather and learning about Beth Moore!

    Good to see you :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to read a couple or try one of her Bible studies =) Love your good things from this month. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. Haha, I totally had to laugh when I got to High Valley. They are from the province over from me and I remember way back in middle school or high school when they came to sing at my school. They weren't popular back then except in the hick towns (although I honestly didn't know they were popular now!) anyway, the only thing I remember is that they sang "I want it that way" by the Backstreet Boys in German. Haha, ok, weird story!

    Loved the rest of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =D haha! That's sorta cool. I don't think they're super popular here in the U.S. yet, but I stumbled upon their stuff and have enjoyed they're albums.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh I LOVE that gelato!! It's dangerous! And I've never read Princess Bride, only seen the movie. I will have to read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talenti has my <3 I've heard some amazing things about Beth Moore, but have never actually read any of her books. I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.