April 5, 2013

Let's Play the Glad Game


He never went out without a book under his arm, and he often came back with two. ~Victor Hugo
Sunny days have been the norm for this week and I'm incredibly glad about this. Random thought: Anytime I use the word 'glad', my brain immediately goes to the glad game in Pollyanna. Anyone else have that word association? I only have two weeks left in this semester and then finals, and I'm so glad about that too. There are just some semesters that you want over sooner than others... like this one. Other things I'm glad about today: Having extra time to sip coffee and read Nichole Nordeman's book, Love Story: The Hand that Holds Us from the Garden to the Gate. For the bacon carbonara I'm cooking tonight, because I'm not lying here, it's to DIE for. And for the weekend!

Some Weekend Link Roundup...


Put Down the Cheetos, Read This Post, and Stop Being Lazy! The right lens to approach the topic of laziness if I don't mind agreeing with the author.

We need strong theology, and a strong does of poetry. Be rich in both: The Poverty of Theological Vocabulary.

Since picking up Bittersweet last year, I've quickly become a fan of Niequest. She's one of the few writers who I feel stretches me personally in my own writing, just by me reading and listening to her. She recently wrote this post on letting jealousy and regret teach us important lessons. I've also been listening to a series of messages she gave at a women's retreat last year that are well worth the time to watch: Session1: Friendship//Session 2: Being Present//Session 3: Creativity

And for those of you, who like me need daily encouragement to trust, take a moment to reflect on these words: When You Don't Know What to Do

6 comments :

  1. As soon as I saw the title of your post I KNEW it had to be Pollyanna. I love that movie and my sister texted me recently that she took it from our parent's house when she was in town and watched it. I need to steal it back and watch it. One of my favorite movies ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, i adore shauna niequist. i want to be like her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THESE:) Thanks for taking the time to post such quality material! Love from Nepal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THESE:) Thanks for taking the time to post such quality material! Love from Nepal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, new follower here!:) I'm spending my relax time reading your blog, and I like it. I like the honesty. Guess what?.. When I say I'm glad, I always thing of Pollyanna!!!:) I thought I was the only one:)

    xoxo,
    nami @ www.namiscribbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.