April 16, 2013

A Pampered Day-In


Next week is the dreaded finals. 'Dreaded' is way too dramatic of a word, but exhausting they will be. This has been the most tiresome semester yet, especially since a couple weeks ago I hit that point where I just don't care anymore. I write papers to get them done, but can't say I put my normal effort into them. All I can think about these days are naps, vacationing, naps, a stack of books that aren't related to the calculation of federal reserves (seriously, when will I use this in teaching 3rd graders?), naps, tall glasses of ice tea, naps, naps, and naps. I'd like to disappear for about a month... which I was totally bummed to find out I need to take a couple summer classes, so now my summer won't be as paper and project free as I was hoping.

I decided to take half of today "off" for a little in-home pampering. And with the sound of heavy rain and thunder, I have no problem justifying this. In fact, I believe pampered days should be done on overcast days such as these. My candles are lit and the windows are open because it's that warm, spring type storm, where the scent of rain is strong, crisp, and refreshing. Today I want to share some of my favorite pampering and beauty favorites/must-haves:



The Foodie Side of Things: Sassy Detox Water, Flavor Infused Waters, Zucchini Ribbon Salad, and Salted Rosemary Caramel Chocolate Bark (because I don't care what the occasion, chocolate is an anytime food).

And a Few Products:

inhome spa day


Girls, in the comments tell me what your pampered day-in would be or about your favorite at home spa/beauty items are =)

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. usually when there is a wonderful storm and i choose to spend the day inside i'm reading a book or blogging or sitting in the dark listening to the thunder haha there is no beauty treatment here! ah! perhaps that is something i should change. oh well.

    and also, i would love to skype/chat with you sometime! or even just be facebook friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'll try looking you up, and then we can hopefully arrange something soon =D I should have mentioned this is not done without a good book... I mean it takes a while for nail polish to dry ;D

      Delete
    2. hahaha that is the truth! it always takes so much longer to dry than i originally anticipate! how rude. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm all about a really good pedicure and a facial mask! Can't get more pampered than that!.... well, maybe a bubble bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OooO! Bubble baths are a must for these days! =D

      Delete
  4. First of all, Natalie: I LOVE Burt's Bees products - their tubed lip shines? Yep, I have a ton. Their grapefruit lip balm? Love it! Other items that are luxurious: Pure & Basic lotion (the grapefruit is to die for!), anything Giovanni and Kiss My Face's "rough thyme."

    Those L'Oreal colors are also gorgeous - their collection is quite spiffy. :)

    Hoping those finals went good for you, Natalie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.