March 22, 2013

Some Days We Just Need Lovely Words


You’ll need coffee shops and sunsets and road trips. Airplanes and passports and new songs and old songs, but people more than anything else. You will need other people and you will need to be that other person to someone else, a living breathing screaming invitation to believe better things. ~Jamie Tworkowski
Judging others makes us blind, whereas love is illuminating. By judging others we blind ourselves to our own evil and to the grace which others are just as entitled to as we are. ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
‎Christ went more willingly to the cross than we do to the throne of grace. ~Thomas Watson
Posting a letter and getting married are among the few things left that are entirely romantic; for to be entirely romantic a thing must be irrevocable. ~G.K. Chesterton
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~William Wordsworth
Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but - I hope - into a better shape. ~Charles Dickens
I will kiss your scars as you heal, I will sit by your side and hold your hand. I will write invisible secrets and paragraphs and maybe a book into your skin at night, while you sleep warm next to me. ~Unknown
The best moments in reading are when you come across something-a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things-which you had though special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else. A person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours. ~Alan Bennett
You made my stiff heart know that I am yours. ~Penelope in The Odyssey

7 comments :

  1. i love that alan bennett quote. it touches deep into my soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, your making me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, those are some beautiful quotes.
    love the Romantic gk chesterton quote too :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.