March 14, 2013

A Little Bit o' Life & End of Blog Hiatus

Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is go where they can find you. ~Winnie the Pooh
When your life is filled with the desire to see the holiness in everyday life, something magical happens: ordinary life becomes extraordinary, and the very process of life begins to nourish your soul! ~Rabbi Harold Kushner
Well... Hello, hello! It's mid-March! Can you believe it? I always hit a point after Christmas where I think spring will never shine it's sunny face towards me again. It certainly remains pretty overcast still... but looking at my calendar and seeing the word March in bold, at the top, awakens a smidgen of hope for green life outside, warm breezes, and the sun to come out. 
Dear Spring, I cannot wait for you to get here. Come soon! ~Natalie =)
So I'm sorta ending my blog hiatus. A month is long enough for me. While I certainly planned to use that time to sit a write, I did none of that (which I'll talk about later). School has evaded a huge chunk of my time (more than usual) and I still have about 5 major projects/papers to complete in the next few weeks, because our semester ends mid-April... which is really early compared to most colleges/universities. So I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to get my dang to-do list done. It's not a pretty sight. With that said, while I'm ending this little break away from blogging, I probably won't be posting as much as I usually would until I can get over this hump.

That's pretty much all I've been doing for the past few weeks. That and catching up on some letter writing and overhauling my makeup because I'm ashamed to say how long it's been since I went through it and got rid of the old stuff. I will say this though, there's just something about getting a few new shimmery lip balms and eye shadows that makes this girl smile. It's probably the glitter.

But, let's catch up! Tell me what you've been up to... or what you've been reading... or how much you want spring to get here! And while I'm at it, here are some of the things (and like love) I've been liking and enjoying for the past month...

Grab Your Coffee and Read: Sunday Night Blues, Gracious Uncertainty, Beauty Matters, Women Teaching in the Church?, Cultivating a Gracious Climate in Your Church, and Storming Brothels & the Hearts of Men.

Two books I'm nearly finished with and highly recommend: Cold Tangerines (which having now read my verdict: I've enjoyed this one a lot, Bittersweet is my favorite still) and So, Long Insecurity (every girl needs to read this one). 




P.S. I'm thinking of doing some little parcel exchange in a few weeks, but I'd like to know if you'd enjoy participating in something like that... appreciate your input, otherwise I may not have the motivation to put it together ;)

11 comments :

  1. Yay! I'm glad you're back. I'm glad you had a good break though. Good luck on the rest of your semester and all those projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! thanks! I'm going to need it =)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are back! I can't wait to read what God puts on your heart next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just finished reading the Irresistable Revolution by Shane Claiborne. Totally challenged me. I borrowed it from a friend and will have to go buy my own copy to read again with a highlighter in hand!

    So long insecurity is on my list... I love Beth Moore's teaching. She's the kinda person I want to have around for dinner. With your recommendation I will get to it sooner rather than later! and I will most definitely participate in a parcel swap, if you'll take international people :)

    Glad to have you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard awesome things about that books! Thanks for sharing (...adding it to my list), and I know you'll really enjoy So, Long Insecurity, since we're both Beth fans =) Yea! There's one for the parcel exchange!

      Delete
  4. I am glad you are back! :) Good luck with all of your projects and everything. School can be SO time consuming, it makes it hard to have any kind of life besides school work! And I agree...I am SO ready for spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! You're back! You've been missed, Natalie. I, too am running around like a chicken with my head cut off so you're not alone. Good luck with the rest of your semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Praying your semester comes sooner... that way we won't have to run around like ridiculous chickens anymore =D hehe!

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy your back! I always love the articles you link to. the Sunday night blues one has helped me immensely today, I feel way more productive and ready to enjoy the busy Holy week! Parcel exchange?That sounds super fun, I'd defenitly want to be involved.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! Hope you will join in on it! =D

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.