February 2, 2013

"Who Do You Think You Are?" Review

"Who do you think you are?" It's a simple question, but the answer is an incredibly important one. We live in a culture that is heavily focused on finding and defining one's identity: relationship status, to our like and dislikes, career, etc. However, as Christians, we receive a new identity in Christ, and this is the theme and purpose of Mark Driscoll's new book, Who Do You Think You Are? Essentially it's a study on the book of Ephesians and how it's message is the lens by which we're to approach our identity: We're... In Christ, saints, blessed, appreciated, saved, reconciliation, afflicted, heard, gifted, new, forgiven, adopted, loved, rewarded, and victorious.

Dricoll does tend to always stir up some with every new book he releases, but I think it hard to find much, if any, controversy in this latest one. (So if you've shied away from Driscoll's books because of that, here's one that I think you can finally pick up and genuinely enjoy.) Having read several of his books prior to this one, I could definitely see a shift in the writing and approach. It's probably the most laymen/women friendly... the message is one that everyone could glean from regardless of age, profession, gender, or whether single or married. The writing is easy to understand and well grounded in it's approach to scripture. 



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

1 comment :

  1. the book of ephesians is one of my favorites... might have to check it out :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.