January 29, 2013

Rainy Evening Grace Ramble

I've been sitting, staring at this screen for days now trying to figure out what to blog about, but I haven't had much luck with what I draw up from the so called "well of creativity." My bucket comes up rather empty these days.

Tonight is my favorite kind though. We have a warm front coming through, causing perfect spring temps (unusual for January), and it's rain. That steady, mellow, rhythmic rain that has a calming effect. It draws a person in, and I could easily sit here still for an hour just listening to it. I've opened my windows, with the scent of fresh rain mixing with my Magnolia-Jasmine candles. Forgive me if I brag a bit here, but I love this room. On nights like these it fosters the perfect space to relax and unwind.

I feel a bit out of touch with… so many things lately… or grossly behind… I can't pinpoint which yet.

Out of touch with grace mostly though. Luther said we "needed to be reminded of the gospel every day, because we forget daily." And I agree. Grace needs to be a non-stop song playing over the sons and daughters of Christ. I don't tune it in so well though. I need to.

All to often I think we just accept a theory of grace. We don't necessarily live out of it and through it. But a theory of grace doesn't work for me any more. It's a game that give me a foul taste in my mouth lately, and I don't want to play anymore. Grace was never meant to be mere theory. It's to be a spring. Living, flowing, fresh, moving, active… and life giving. Grace is life giving. If the words of our mouths, the motives of our hearts, and the actions we enact don't bring forth life, then that's not grace.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but I want this journey called life and this heart of mine to be infused, saturated, immersed in grace. So tonight I'll watch some Heartland (don't judge), drink my tea, read and journal a bit, then lay my head on my pillow and pray for grace.

I'm tired of playing the game and sick of being out of touch.

So much more grace.

11 comments :

  1. praying for you friend. life is rough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this reminder!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a beautiful writer my dear friend! I love the mental picture you write here...just beautiful! and GRACE, so sweet the sound, and even sweeter the application in our life. love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha my coworker LOVES Hearland! I do not have HBO so have not scene it. Don't feel guilty!

    Ali of:

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. I really like that Luther quote and I like that I've gotten back into the habbit of reading my Bible every morning. Praying for grace!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love hearing where you're at! It encourages me and makes me feel less lonely, for many times I've been in that place too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this natalie. grace upon grace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.