January 19, 2013

Quote Dump


Just felt like sharing some quote love today =)
Avoid using the word 'very' because it's lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don't use the word sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys-to woo women- and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do. ~Dead Poets Society
...there is not a drop of love in His heart that is not yours; you may dive into the immense ocean of His love, and you may say of it all, "It is mine." ~C.H. Spurgeon
There are some things you can only say to the Lord because he's the only one that can bear that much reality. -Jerram Barrs
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept it; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Weeping is the eloquence of sorrow. It is an unstammering orator, needing no interpreter, but understood of all. Is it not sweet to believe that our tears are understood even when words fail? Let us learn to think of tears as liquid prayers, and of weeping as a constant dropping of importunate intercesssion which will wear its way right surely into the very heart of mercy, despite the stony difficulties which obstruct the way. My God, I will 'weep' when I cannot plead, for thou hearest the voice of my weeping. ~C.H. Spurgeon
Symbolism exists precisely for the purpose of conveying to the imagination what the intellect is not ready for. ~C.S. Lewis
Buying books would be a good thing if one could also buy the time to read them in. ~Schopenhauer 

9 comments :

  1. Oh how I love a good quote! Love that one from Dead Poets Society...and the one about books, so true! Happy weekend Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them! and how true is that last one about books?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these. The Dead Poets one and the first CH Spurgen one are my faves. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with all these words!:)Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh I love them! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh the quote about weeping. spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Natalie,

    You continue to encourage and inspire me!
    Thank you so much for sharing these quotes.

    Love,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the second quote by Spurgeon. It's such a wonderful truth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i heart these to the max, i just shared one on FB, the Spurgeon ones are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.