November 10, 2012

Stuff I'm Liking


#1. All the books I'm forcing myself to finish by the end of the year, because for one reason or another I only made it through half way or three-fourths of the way through them... or skipped around... and had to add them to the stack on my nightstand: Love and Respect, The Meaning of Marriage, The Five Love Languages (Singles Edition)... all of which were for a paper I wrote back in January, so I figure, what the heck, why not finish them in their entirety? Plus, the library is pretty fed up with me renewing them... like *cough* 17 times at this point. Treasuring God in Our Traditions, Kisses from Katie (which I read last year, but for some reason I didn't finish the last chapter), Bittersweet, The Magic of Ordinary Days, Future Grace, Running Scared, Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands, Orthodoxy, and Believing God. How about you? Hopefully your stack isn't as tall as mine.


#2. I'm going through a nail polish craze. It's like I'm reliving 6th grade all over again. But I've narrowed it down to three shades that are my favorites this fall: Grey Area from Sally Hansen (looks more like a smokey plum shades), L'Oreal's Tea and Crumpets (from their London Fall collection... yep, it was the name that sold it to me... mention anything English and I'm on board), and from Sinful Colors, Nirvana... which I want to rename hot cocoa... because that's what it actually looks like.

#3. Coffee Reads: An Apology from an Adulterer at Heart, Four Ways to Make the Most of Your Season, God's Favorite Child, and The Top 5 Things Introverts Dread About Church.


#9. Music on replay: NEEDTOBREATHOf Monsters and Men, Brightwood and Lauren Chandler's new EP The Narrow Place.
 
#10. This Chesterton quote...
Image Source

7 comments :

  1. You know me, I love reading - but even to me that stack looks a little intimidating! Just think how smart/awesome you'll be when you're done with them all (that's what I tell myself haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with not finishing books! yay for making that an end of the year goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whew, I thought I was the only one in the same boat. I havent finished like 2 books. Bleh. I'm about to start The Meaning of Marriage soon, heard so much about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh i had a pile but they had to be returned.

    also..my family doesn't know how to keep track of holds and return dates, so we've got a constant fine. yikes. i reeeeaaaaally need my own library card for these last few months. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. that introvert list about things dreaded in church was so totally me it's not even funny.

    and oh my gosh, NEEDTOBREATHE? they have been on repeat in my life too. so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh goodness, i want to be at that autumn dessert party! im also loving grey nail polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried any of those simmer pot recipes? I have yet to try one but they sound like they would smell delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.