November 29, 2012

Shifting the Modesty Dialogues

Photobucket
What is it about modesty discussions that drive me crazy so much? I find hardly any encouragement when they come up. I dislike them. Really I do. They're all so cliche to me. Phrases that get tossed around such as "Modest is Hottest!" No, "modest is hottest" is just someone trying to make money off of selling T-shirts. And the "hottest" it's ever been in all of Creation was before the fall, when clothes weren't in existence. (Note: I'm not advocating we run around nude, that's just supportive evidence to the sentence... just wanted to clarify that.)

3 comments :

  1. Really great piece on modesty. You're right, its not just about what us guys see but what Christ sees.

    And I couldn't help it, but this made me think of a picture I saw a while ago...and I just wouldn't feel right not sharing it.
    http://toponday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/dat-ankle.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this link, Natalie! I really appreciate this post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.