Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot
Next to Christmas, autumn is probably my favorite time of year. You can't really blame me either since I'm a fall baby. I love everything about this season: the sights, the scents, that feeling of wanting to be wrapped up in coziness as the chill begins to set in. I love it!
- Afternoon walks, hikes, and bike rides in the blazing hues of burnt orange, yellow, and crimson.
- Warm, thick slices of pumpkin bread, kettle corn, those hearty soups, stews, and chillies, apple desserts of all kinds... it's just comfort food galore for me.
- Trips to the pumpkin patch, hayrides, bonfires, pumpkin carving, and apple picking.
- The sound of crackling leaves under feet with that crisp, cool air.
- Steaming mugs of tea, coffee, cider... all of which are a must.
- Over sized sweaters and sweatshirts (guaranteed coziness right there)
- My favorite jeans and boots
- Pulling out the fuzzy socks!!!!
- Football games in the background. No, I have no clue how the game is played, but having it on in the background has a sense of familiarity to it.
- Old black 'n white movie nights. Who could pass on a Carey Grant film?
- Making that special trip to Yankee to pick out a new slew of fall scented candles
- Sinking into bed under a down comforter. Friend, if you've never slept under a down comforter or on down pillows, you're missing out.
Your turn! What are your fall favorites or must haves?