September 17, 2012

Tis Autumn Now!


Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot
Next to Christmas, autumn is probably my favorite time of year. You can't really blame me either since I'm a fall baby. I love everything about this season: the sights, the scents, that feeling of wanting to be wrapped up in coziness as the chill begins to set in. I love it!
  • Afternoon walks, hikes, and bike rides in the blazing hues of burnt orange, yellow, and crimson.
  • Warm, thick slices of pumpkin bread, kettle corn, those hearty soups, stews, and chillies, apple desserts of all kinds... it's just comfort food galore for me.
  • Trips to the pumpkin patch, hayrides, bonfires, pumpkin carving, and apple picking.
  • The sound of crackling leaves under feet with that crisp, cool air.
  • Steaming mugs of tea, coffee, cider... all of which are a must.
  • Over sized sweaters and sweatshirts (guaranteed coziness right there)
  • My favorite jeans and boots
  • Pulling out the fuzzy socks!!!!
  • Football games in the background. No, I have no clue how the game is played, but having it on in the background has a sense of familiarity to it.
  • Old black 'n white movie nights. Who could pass on a Carey Grant film?
  • Making that special trip to Yankee to pick out a new slew of fall scented candles
  • Sinking into bed under a down comforter. Friend, if you've never slept under a down comforter or on down pillows, you're missing out.
Your turn! What are your fall favorites or must haves?

9 comments :

  1. Autumn, how I love thee! This post was great--although it's making me even MORE anxious to revamp my own blog for fall while sipping a pumpkin spice latte. ;) I'm waiting until it's officially October, in other words. LOL Especially because Pittsburgh still has a few quite warm days ahead before fall is here to *stay*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. - Warm, thick slices of pumpkin bread, kettle corn, those hearty soups, stews, and chillies, apple desserts of all kinds... it's just comfort food galore for me.

    - Over sized sweaters and sweatshirts (guaranteed coziness right there

    - My favorite jeans and boots

    Ditto to all three of these! Love Autumn weather. Apple cider and apple cider donuts... just everything! This week, I am so making some yummy fall recipes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a new one for me: pumpkin spice hershey kisses! just bought em yesterday and the bag is gone (in my defense, i shared it with my coworkers :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh I LOVE this post:) there are disadvantages to living in southern california, and one is that you don't really have seasons. this weekend we were at the beach and it was almost 100 degrees! I miss the leaves changing color and apple cider on the stove! But I do love making it "seem" like Fall in our home, and lighting yummy candles and making pumpkin EVERYTHING! Thanks for getting me ready:) haha, love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thou must have the year's first cup of hot chocolate, and drive down a road with falling leaves blowing across. Elsewise, 'tis not truly autumn.

    :Ian:

    ReplyDelete
  6. An ode to Autumn on it's first official day: http://justasiam-meghan.blogspot.com/2012/09/ah-autumn.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. PUMPKIN BREAD!!!!! I'm so going to miss that this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.