September 12, 2012

Delight, Drink, & Feast Upon His Love

Photobucket
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. -Psalm 37:4 ESV
Many of us know that verse too well. It's slapped on coffee mugs, journals, and t-shirts sold to the masses… the christian women masses I mean... For the whole of my life I had mainly heard this verse presented in one of two ways: We're Christians, so God will just give us what we want, or God will give us certain desires and bring them to fruition... The first I have a hard time swallowing. The second... I actually think this verse is meant to go even deeper than that.

1 comment :

  1. Can't wait to read your thoughts on this verse...off I go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.