September 14, 2012

21

I never have a clue what to write for birthday posts.

I've sat here for a solid 15 minutes... and nope... I got nothing profound... like at all... other than to say I'm 21 as of now. 

And I'm headed out to lunch at my favorite place.

And I'm putting off any work for the next 48 hours. 

And I'm eating cake tonight.

And I'm eating the fabulous dinner my mom's cooking up for me.

And I'm going out for drinks and dessert tomorrow night since I'm legal now... in regards to alcohol... what a sad world it would be if there were an age limit to desserts. 

And I'm going to make one of my rare trips to the mall. And by the mall I mean the bookstore, Yankee candle, and the Hallmark Store, not the likes of Macy's. I love shopping for clothes in theory... not so much in practice... I end up getting bored with it after 20 minutes... and they blast really crappy techno music through the speakers. That alone doesn't promote great business from me. 

And I'm watching The Hunger Games tonight... and While You Were Sleeping because it's probably my all time favorite. 

And I feel like I'm boring you the reader... which I can't really blame you for, but I promise this would all be more fun if you were here with me doing it all, rather than reading about it.

But for once, after reflecting on this past year, I can say that I feel like I'm a year wiser... which is an odd sort of feeling.

I'm trying to enjoy it as it's not likely to happen for another 21 years... maybe... I don't know. 

8 comments :

  1. Hapy birthday darlin! and amen to getting bored with shopping...i'm not a great shopper either, hehe! but I LOVE bookstores and could spend hours there:) I actually used to do that when I worked at Barnes and Noble...haha. I probably wasn' the most efficient worker seeing as I wanted to just read all the books instead of shelf them, ha! I hope your day is soooo beautiful and that you feel loved and special! love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 21! We officially can't go back now to the amazing irresponsible life we had. hahaha jk!

    It has its perks!

    Now that you mention it, I felt wiser at 21 too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Natalie! 21, what an awesome age to be:) Hope you have an awesome, awesome day (sounds like the perfect way to spend a birthday to me!) and that the year ahead is the best one of your life. I know there are so many people out there who are grateful for your wisdom, encouragement and just general awesome-ness. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday sweet girl! Hope you had a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy 21st birthday natalie!! i hope it was wonderful. if we lived near each other, i would take you out for a birthday latte :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was on holidays last week so happy belated birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie - sorry for the very belated wishes! I've been so busy with work that I've been just reading on Google Reader instead of responding to any messages. I made sure to save this post as unread so I would come back and wish you happy birthday though! I hope the Lord is continuing to challenge you and bless you in your every step!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.