"Guess what Natalie! We're signing you up for one of those Christian dating sites! There's got be a guy in Alaska who will have you! We found one site run by pastors who never take you off until they have you married."
I kid you not. Those words came out of my mother's mouth the other day. At first I thought it was a dream... but it wasn't.
Here's what I learned...
- My mom is more desperate for me to get hitched than I am... and not gonna lie I thought I was a tad bit desperate... but apparently I'm not. Not enough to her liking.
- Apparently I'm going to have to widen my search to Alaska of all places.
- I'd rather go the opposite direction and widen my search to the UK. I'd rather live in England.
- Maybe I'm not UK material… after all she's assuming that only Alaskan, outdoors men would have me…
- I'm a tad bit insulted by that. I'm perfectly capably of being England material! I like tea and Devonshire cream just as much as the next bloke!
- She has a point. There are like zero single Christian guys around here. I know. I've looked.
- ...is there like an abundance of single Christian men living in Alaska that I'm not aware of?
- ...that don't smell like fish?
- My mom is starting to sound an awful lot like Mrs. Bennet (from Pride and Prejudice for all you non-Austen fans out there)
- If she's serious about this "joke" I sure hope I'm not still on their site when I'm 80... 'cause that would be pathetic.
- But the look she gave me is that all too familiar serious one
- Crap… I don't think she's kidding.
- What is the deal with all of the girls going for Mr. Darcy anyway? Hello! Edward Farris!!!