August 14, 2012

A Fort Building We Go!



My childhood may be over, but that doesn't mean playtime is. ~Ron Olson
If you didn't build forts out of sheets and furniture, then I'm sorry to tell you that your childhood was incomplete friend. And I'd argue you should build forts even as an adult for a few reasons:
  1. Because you'll easily win best babysitter award if you can make an awesome fort.
  2. You're never too old to enjoy a good fort.
  3. Guys, this is a great date night idea. Just add a movie, board games, take out, and dessert. Just sayin'... you may want to jot this idea down for the future. You're welcome.
  4. Don't waste another weekend evening bored. Invite your friends over and tell them to bring their extra sheets. 
  5. It's good to nurture the inner child from time to time. Keeps ya young.
Here are a couple of our forts... and bear with me with the bad pictures here...

Fort for one =)
And a somewhat larger fort
Little reading nook under a table, record player, and a stack of board games/DVDS

 More awesome fort inspiration: Birthday Party Fort and Airstream Outdoors Tent.
And a great gift idea: DIY Fort Kit

13 comments :

  1. I love this post!i mean, i love reading your more serious posts about God, but this was such a sweet reminder of how life is supposed to be fun as well as honoring to God.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! I LOVE the idea of making a fort...i'll have to try it out on a date night with Kev sometime! You are too cute:) love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brings back so many childhood memories! I absolutely loved building a fort as a kid. I may have to give it another try now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is amazing

    ok this is a dumb question, but what are those white lights officially called?? i need to go buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Hannah: Those are just some old Christmas tree lights we had =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie, you're so so sweet! And I love lovvve your fort! I never got to do that as a little girl, but I'm glad you're telling me that it's not too late.
    A wonderful ideal!
    Love,
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fort building was (and still is) the best!! I tried to make one for Raeca the other day but she didn't want to go in. She doesn't know what she's missing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're the coolest, Natalie! I've always adored forts and I've said many times that I can't wait until I'm married and I can build one with my hubby. Good times are ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've totally been scheming to do this soon! Fort Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your forts!!! The lights are such a great touch! you make me want to make a fort now. haha
    Emily at Amazing Grapes

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's so cool!
    the lights make it look so cozy.... :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.