The other day I was in a Bible study and we were discussing about how Christians look to Non-Christians. One thing that constantly came up was how it seems like Christians are known far more for what they're against than for what they're for. I ended up jotting down a few later that night...
- I am for everyone experiencing Christ's love.
- I am for heart transformation and change.
- I am for showing grace to all.
- I am for truth prevailing.
- I am for humility and compassion.
- I am for having room to struggle and wrestle.
- I am for being respectful and courteous towards those whom I disagree with.
- I am for enjoying the gifts God gives us, celebrating, and laughing... A LOT!
- I am for relaxation and living a slower pace in a world that promotes a rat race.
- I am for sticking with people despite the baggage they bring with them.
- I am for being honest and genuine, even if that includes times where confusion, anger, depression, bitterness, and questioning abounds. (God can handle everything. Even our moments of despair or when or temper gets the better of us. Case in point: David the Psalmist.)
Just something to maybe ponder today.
What about you? What do you want others to know you for, and how are you implementing that in your life?