July 14, 2012

Weekends Are Meant for Muffins

If you give this girl a muffin... in all likelihood she'll love you for the rest of your life. Muffins are really just miniature cakes you know that right? It's always bothered me how people will look down on you for eating dessert for breakfast and then they turn around and eat a muffin. Cake is a perfectly valid choice for breakfast folks. Bill Cosby said so. And if he said it, you know it's true.

Weekends were meant for muffins my friends. And these are my all time favorite blueberry muffins =) Do yourself a favor and make yourself some.

Here's What You'll Need...
  • 2 Cups of fresh blueberries
  • 2 Cups +2 Tablespoons of all purpose flour
  • 2 Teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoons of salt
  • 1/2 Cup of sugar
  • 1/2 Cup of vegetable oil
  • 1/2 Cup of milk
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract 
Now This is What You Do...
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  2. Toss the blueberries in 2 tablespoons of flour to coat the berries. Set aside for later. 
  3. In a separate bowls sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl mix together eggs, sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla extract. 
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
  5. Fold in the blueberries.
  6. Fill muffin tins (they should be lined or greased) about half to three-fourths full. Bake for 30-40 minutes and eat up!

8 comments :

  1. I adore blueberry muffins! I'll have to try this recipe. Also good point about them being miniature cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious, Natalie! I LOVE muffins... especially blueberry ones! And cake is absolutely breakfast food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Muffins are one of my favorite indulgences. I will definitely keep this recipe in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I think I commented with the wrong account! This is the one linked to my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this. looks. wonderful. :) :) i agree on this issue with you. heheh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried to make muffins from scratch, but these look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.