June 4, 2012

Life Lessons I Learned from Gilmore Girls

In about 10 years I'll probably be exactly like Lorelai Gilmore. Or at least that's what my mother likes tell me. And I could easily see that being true. Minus that whole having a kid at 16, rich parents, running an inn, screwing up relationships, living in an adorable Connecticut small town... Actually, the more I think about it maybe I'm more like Rory because I do love books, I give in way to easily to people... The whole thing is debatable. I'll get back to you in a few years and let you know what the verdict is.

I could probably do something to remedy the Connecticut issue though, because to be honest, I really like the idea of living in Connecticut. A Lot. Even more so a town that has 24 hour dance marathons, picnic basket auctions, and the random hippie selling homegrown veggies in the town square! =D

Important Life Lessons I Learned from Gilmore Girls...
  1. If you wouldn't want to be caught wearing it in a car wreck it has no business taking up space in your closet.
  2. Coffee and oxygen are the same thing. You need both to survive.
  3. You can't be lost if you don't know where you're going to begin with.
  4. Avoid cocktail hour if the other attendees are dentists from Boston.
  5. College is the time period where you find all your naive dreams being crushed by reality.
  6. Everybody is allowed a guilty pleasure now and then.
  7. Carry a book with you everywhere you go. 
  8. Always order way more Chinese food than you expect to consume. You need choices. And leftovers. Enough for the week.
  9. If a guy brings you enough Chinese food to feed Europe, he likes you.
  10. Under no circumstances does cucumber flavored water take the place of coffee. None.
  11. If you're going to buy squash, buy sexy squash.  
  12. If a guy doesn't call when he says he will, he should at least have the decency to give a lame apology.
  13. Most change sucks. Stick to the business of non-changedness as much as possible.
  14. Crossword puzzles exist to make people like me feel stupid. 
  15. There's always the option to marry rich.
  16. A man who owns enormous coffee cups is a man worth marrying. (Now there's a proposal idea...) 
  17. A can of cream of mushroom soup can not lead to anything edible. 
  18. If it's good enough for Dick Van Dyke, it should be good enough for you.
  19. Always find ways to insert lines from movies (especially musicals), books, and songs into everyday conversation.
  20. If you own three stairmasters there's no reason not to wear slacks. 
  21. Make snow days beautiful and Bing Crosby magical!
  22. COFFEE, COFFEE, COFFEE! 
  23. Everybody likes a nice Pope story.
  24. If a man offers to take you anywhere in the world always say Italy.
  25. If you love somebody, never be afraid to tell them. 
  26. And finally, there are just some days where you need a little Carol King in your life...
Where You Lead by Carole King on Grooveshark

9 comments :

  1. OH. MY. WORD.

    this. this is just perfectly perfect in a very special way. the gilmore girls...i am and incredible mix of both rory and lorelai and i can never decide which one i'm more like because i love them both. AH! this fits my life too well. tooooo welllll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahah I just died laughing! You certainly are a gilmore girl! I bet you talk as fast as them too

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe someday i need to watch this show, because it sounds like it's worth it...i mean, a character who loves coffee that much?
    puh-lease.

    hilarious tips, natalie!
    that first one cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Lady: Guilty as charged =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive never seen gilmore girls, but i think i would like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm one of those people that's absolutely hopeless at remembering things from movies or tv shows, so even though i've watched the entire show i hardly remember most of these, which almost makes it more fun! some good lessons in there....especially #5... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is great! i used to watch this show all the time in high school. i loved this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.