May 10, 2012

Summer Reads



One of my favorite things about summer is getting up early, working out (because early mornings is the only time it's cool around here during the summer months), then grabbing an enormous cup of coffee, and reading. It's a good way to start the day. Here's what I'm planning to get through this summer...
 
Counseling Books
Instruments in The Redeemer's Hands by Paul Tripp
Surfing for God by Michael Cusick
Wilderness Skills for Women by Marian L. Jordan

Theology Books...
The Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler
Death By Love by Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears
Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick
Treasuring God in Our Traditions by Noel Piper
The Heart of Evangelism by Jerram Barrs
Living the Cross Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney
Young and In Love by Ted Cunningham

We'll Just Call These the Life Management/Leadership Books
TwentySomeone by Craig R. Dunham
Linchpin by Seth Goodin
Quitter by Jon Acuff (Finish)

And For Teaching
Out of Our Minds by Sir Ken Robinson

P.S. I want to know what you all are reading this summer too, so tell me in the comments =)

6 comments :

  1. You changed your name!!? Its been awhile since I've had a chance to come over. I like it. :)

    I've been wanting to re-read The Mark of the Lion series again. I've been thinking a lot about it and each day the urge to read them again grows and grows. Must read about Hadassah!!
    Emily at Amazing Grapes

    ReplyDelete
  2. these all sound great! currently reading "how people grow" by henry cloud and john townsend....im sure there will be others! maybe i should make a list like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. that's a LOT of books!! they all sound interesting though, please let me know how they go.

    I don't have a full list of what I'm reading, but I'll let you know when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited for the summer!--though I will be taking a class, I plan to read many books! There's nothing like reading books in a comfortable chair with a big cup of coffee in the morning. It's such a luxurious experience!

    Thank you for sharing such a wonderful list of books. Excited to read them.

    Recently, I have been reading The Valley of Vision, and A Mindful Way Through Depression.

    I think you would love The Valley of Vision, and The Giver, if you haven't already read them.

    Love,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooo! adding some of these to my amazon cart... to not purchase until september.. but still! great collection here!

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.