May 5, 2012

Name Change

What's that you say? There's a new banner at the top and it doesn't read Scribbles n'Things? That's right my friend. My little blog just got a new name. Scribbles n'Things was a perfect fit back in 2007 when I started blogging. I was in high school and most of those posts were just... random. Not to cohesive by any means... hence the name Scribbles n'Things (it's rather random name). Needless to say, blogs have a tendency to morph over time. Sure I can be random still, but the name doesn't seem as fitting anymore... I've been living in a different "chapter" of life for a while now, and new titled is needed. So Scribbles n'Things is now Heart Stirrings. Because that's mostly what I blog about now; whatever God is "stirring" in my heart at the moment.

This is where you tell me you like the new name, and if you don't... lie. Yep. So that explains the new name. Glad we cleared that up. Moving on the this weeks link love...

On replay this week...

In A Tree Written by Priscilla Ahn on Grooveshark


Other Fun Stuff: It's Friday Night, Should You Be Reading? and The Popcorn Bar

Quotes I'm Lovin'...
You’re going to discover that conversations are best at 4am. The heavier the eyelids, the sincerer the words. Those are the talks you’ll remember. It’s ok not to know the answer and silence is not awkward. It’s shared, so share it more often than not. -Jeff Stuckel
On soft Spring nights I’ll stand in the yard under the stars - Something good will come out of all things yet - And it will be golden and eternal just like that - There’s no need to say another word. -Jack Kerouac
Christ is the most cheap physician, he takes no fee. -Thomas Watson
There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart. -Jane Austen
To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable. -C.S. Lewis 

8 comments :

  1. New banner = so pretty, Natalie. Lovely job. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I kinda love the new name. I liked Scribbles n'Things too, but Heart Stirrings does indeed seem make a better fit. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with the last TWO QUOTES, so in LOVE.

    And I am in love with this new name!!! And the design!!! Did you do it? WONDERFUL, I love how it has your name there too!!!

    Fun stuff, and congrats on it all!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the new name! although i must admit i read it as 'heart strings' which still made sense to me, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do love the new name. and everything else!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww everything looks awesome natalie!! love it all. i need to learn from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the name change natalie! i think it's appropriate and reflective of what your blog's all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love aaaaaaaallll of those quotes, natalie. :)

    also, love the name change!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.