May 11, 2012

Confessions of a Podcast Junkie


Confession #314? (After a while it's pretty pointless to keep track.) I'm a podcast junkie. I listen to podcasts while I'm getting ready in the morning, while I'm working out, while I'm drinking my coffee and chilling, during lunch, in the car, while I'm doing homework, and late into the night. So these are my favorite podcasts, and ones that I'd commend to you as well.

#1. Darrin Patrick from The Journey. It only seems fair that my own church get's the top spot, even though technically I don't listen to the podcast since I hear the sermon during Saturday/Sunday service. But you should definitely give Darrin a listen.

#2. Matt Chandler from The Village. Matt Chandler's sermons are probably my all-time favorites, and have been for years now. I love how he preaches truth in every way, and challenges others to be grace addicts.

#3. Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill. For the record, I'm a big fan of Driscoll. I admire his bluntness and to-the-point style, all the while remaining true to the Gospel. (It helps that I really like his sense of humor as well.)

#4. Perry Nobel from NewSpring Church. If you're into preaching that's simple, true, but still stretches you, give Perry Nobel a listen.

#5. Bianca Jurez from Calvary Chapel Montebello. Every Summer Bianca leads awesome Womens Bible Studies. Last year's Marked By Love study is especially good.

And Runner Ups (in No Particular Order)...

4 comments :

  1. You are missing my church WOODLAND HILLS Greg Boyd, get on it girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These guys are all great but...
    I don't trade Carter Conlon from Times Square Church for nothing.

    however, I do listen to Driscoll or Matt Chandler from time to time.... like maybe twice a year? haha just kidding

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recommend Bill Johnson from Bethel and check out New Philadelphia Church!
    I like that people listen to podcasts, especially sermons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.