April 27, 2012

It's Friday, and This is The Stuff I'm Liking

FYI: There's an overuse of words such as "awesome" and "great" in this post

#1. Indulging my inner love for planners and debating which one to buy next. (I know. I'm weird. But I promise you it's one of my few OCD tendencies. That and being early.) And I think I've pretty much have made up my mind to get this one: Today is the Day!

#2. Bob Goff's book Love Does. I've got a review coming here on it soon, but needless to say, I LOVE it. It's definitely been the best book I've yet to read so far this year.

#3. The Hunger Games Trilogy. These have been pretty awesome as well, but they belong to a totally different genre so I feel like I can get away with saying, "They're some of the best books I've read so far this year!" I had read Collins children's series she'd written a few years back, which was also awesome, so when I heard she'd written a whole new series I had to get my hands on them (even if I was pretty late in doing so). I give my stamp of approval (although, that really means nothing to anybody now that I think about it). I thought the movie was pretty great as well, and just for the record, if Peeta actually existed in real life, I'd totally marry him. (Don't judge me, because I'm sure you've never had a literary crush.)

#4. Carrie Underwood's upcoming album Blown Away. If you hop over to iTunes, they've been streaming the entire album for free until it releases next week. I think it's her best yet and pretty much love it already... even though I don't have it... yet.

#5. If I were rich, I'd get myself a pair of these. Yes. I see the price, but if you tried them on, and saw how awesome they look, I think you'd understand.

#6. Someone sent me the link to this video, and I admit, I cried (of course that's not really saying much these days): God Gave Me You Engagement

#7. Yet another reason I need to go to England

#8. I'm really liking the new blog design that's going up early May. If the blog looks like a disheveled mess, please ignore it since we're "rearranging furniture" so to speak. But the new blog look isn't as important as the fact that the blog's name is changing. Scribbles n'Things was fitting for when I started blogging about five years ago. I blogged about the most random of stuff in the beginning so the title made since. Needless to say, I think it's morphed a lot since then, and I no longer feel like the title lends itself to how I've been blogging over the past year, or to myself for that matter.

#9. The Myerrs-Briggs Personality Test. It's almost scary how true my results were (ISFJ, i.e. The Defender), and sorta strange how I'm so unlike I my parents and sister (yeah, we all took it). Seriously, go take it (this free one is pretty similar), and then tell me what you got, because  I legitimately find it interesting.

#10. And these lovely quotes (we can't have a week go by that I don't share some favorite quotes)...
And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places. ~Roald Dahl

It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen. Just listen. Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention. A loving silence often has far more power to heal and to connect than the most well-intentioned words. ~Rachel Naomi Remen

3 comments :

  1. the lucy pants look aaaaamazing.

    also, i can't wait to see the new blog design/name go live!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're changing your blog name?! How exciting! I always love your new blog designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie! I took the personality test last year, and it's amazing how much it's helped me "understand" myself (why I react certain ways, why I struggle with certain issues...). Anyway, I am an INFP (or the Idealist), which explains why I am so emotional and why I tend to interpret everything through a "spiritual lense." And I am definitely an introvert as well. Do you ever struggle with wishing you were extroverted? I think that it is "culturally acceptable" to be extroverted, and so that is why I sometimes find myself TRYING to act extroverted (but it never works). Just wondering if that is a mutual trait among the introverts, or just my personality type. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.