March 31, 2012

Weekend Link Love and Ramblings

Ben Rector on Replay This Past Week...

Loving You Is Easy by Ben Rector on Grooveshark 

Grab your Coffee and Read: When You Wonder If What You Create is Any Good, Why Everybody Needs to Make Art Everyday, and Why Do You Keep Sinning, Falling, and Messing Up.





Quotes I'm Lovin'...
Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. -Thomas S. Mansan
Our sin is so terrifying, so devastating, so deadly that we absolutely deserve to go to hell. Does that make sense to you? I deserve hell. You deserve hell. But Christ, who knew no sin at all, became sin so that he who believes on Christ may live in eternal glory with the Father. Is there any part of this salvation that you can claim for yourself? None. -G.S. Hill
My feelings are not God. God is God. My feelings do not define truth. God’s word defines truth. My feelings are echoes and responses to what my mind perceives. And sometimes - many times - my feelings are out of sync with the truth. When that happens - and it happens every day in some measure - I try not to bend the truth to justify my imperfect feelings, but rather, I plead with God: Purify my perceptions of your truth and transform my feelings so that they are in sync with the truth. -John Piper in Finally Alive
Every day I discover more and more beautiful things. It’s enough to drive one mad. I have such a desire to do everything, my head is bursting with it. -Claude Monet

2 comments :

  1. i love the article about doing art evertday!! and the claude monet quote...yep, thats me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that "what's in season" link reminds me of how much i love the farmer's market we go to.
    plus, i'm going to make sure we plant some sugar peas in our garden this year. mmm:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.