February 25, 2012

Weekend Link Love

This past week was rough. And emotionally draining. Enough said. 

I'm curling up and watching PW this morning with the biggest cup of coffee that I can get my hands on.

I've had a lot of Katie Herzig on replay...


Lovely Things To Read This Weekend: Desire: Friend of the Devil, Grace from God, What Do I Know?, 7 Marks of a Right Heart, and I'd been following Christa's blog since I started blogging, and I was smiling like crazy when I saw this post the other day. 

Other Oh-So-Sweet Things to Check Out: Mandy Lynne Creative Photography, Art & Crafting, "I Like You," these lovely cupcake that I'm baking this weekend for mom's birthday tea, and finally, for us Downtown Abby Fans.

Quotes I'm Loving...
The great thing is to be always reading but not to get bored-- treat it not like work, more as a vice! Your book bill ought to be your biggest extravagance. -C.S. Lewis

Libraries raised me. I don’t believe in colleges and universities. I believe in libraries because most students don’t have any money. -Ray Bradbury
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. -William Arthur Ward
The daily act of setting down in words one’s thoughts, observations, and actions elevates and orders those moments, separating them from the great mass of unexamined life. -Steven Schnur
The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself. -Henry Miller

7 comments :

  1. I feel ya withe the coffee! I'm just chilling today too! I love the first CS Lewis quote! I think I'm going to tweet it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Story of my life:
    "Libraries raised me. I don’t believe in colleges and universities. I believe in libraries because most students don’t have any money."

    I always say that my mentors are dead...but are always just a step away on my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that like video is so cute.
    thank goodness; just when i was getting tired of them saying like all the time.....it happened.
    awwwww. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed PW today, but saw the recipe online. Was it a good one? So sorry you had a rough week! Enjoy relaxing this weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope your week gets better love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( you had a rough week too hon, chin up and hope this week is a little brighter for you!

    (I hope you watch that sermon I sent via email this afternoon)!! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.