February 29, 2012

The Letter

 

Seriously? This again? How many times do we have to go through this? 

I said those exact words to myself concerning a very specific sin, failure, wound... whatever you want to call it about a month ago. For I had not just deeply wounded myself and grieved the heart of God, but I had sinned against another. I've spent a good deal of the past two years allowing (and sometimes fighting) God to heal and redeem what was damaged and lost. I'm starting to bask in the grace. But I had one more thing to do.

Write the letter. 

It was harder then I thought it would be. It took me three whole weeks. But I did it.

So it's here, waiting for you. All of it, the story, contained to ten pages stuffed in an envelope that I accidentally tore at the seams. God's written your name on it. One day you'll get to read it. Until then I'm keeping it tucked away.

And for you the reader, are you basking in the whirlwind joy and excitement of redemption today? If not, chase it until you have it in your possession.

4 comments :

  1. I'm here if you need to talk!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like, even though you're not stating anything specific here, I completely know what you're talking about, as I feel I have been dealing with much the same thing. I really hope you get the healing and closure you need in this area of your life!!

    Praying for you Natalie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and oh redemption and finally letting go-that happened sunday night for me and it was hard but wow once I actually let go WHAT FREEDOM!

    Hugs girl!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I forgot hwo great this song is. I'm so proud of you. Keep surrendering. You make Jesus smile girl.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.