February 4, 2012

It's February!

Happy February y'all! (What's wrong with me! I never say "y'all.") It's the month of love, Hallmark greeting cards, chocolate, flowers, more chocolate... oh! And Washington's birthday! We can't forget him! I don't like this month. Not because of Valentines day and the whole singleness thing. I'm not a Valentine hater. It just gives me an excuse to go to Starbucks to celebrate and sit around and watch chic flicks... of course I do that when it's not Valentines day... OK, you're right, I'm lame. Whatever. In the meantime, I will keep asking my fortune tellers if love is in my future. (Seriously, you gotta get yourself one of these if for nothing else than to have a good laugh.)

I'm totally lovin' my mom's new winter wreath. Just felt like sharing that.
And now for the weekend links I'm loving... Starting with the song on replay...
You Dance by Eastmountainsouth on Grooveshark

Encouraging blog posts/articles: A Father's Covenant, A Call to Prayer, and our pastor spoke at the Desiring God conference this past week, and even if you aren't a pastor there are some great quotes and wisdom from his message.

For those of you who are Downton Abbey Fans, like myself, check this out. And then part 2 as well.

Other Cool Things to Check Out: Open Up the Bible, I Believe in The Scriptures, Sex, Marriage, and Fairy Tales, These Cool Camera Guys, Jessica Claire Photography, and How to Get the Girl This Valentines Day.

Quotes I'm Loving...
All truly wise thoughts have been thought already, thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take firm root in our personal experience. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The essence of optimism is that it takes no account of the present, but it is a source of inspiration, of vitality and hope where others have resigned; it enables a person to hold his or her head high, to claim the future for him or herself and not to abandon it to the enemy. -Dietrich Bonhoeffer
How we remember, what we remember and why we remember form the most personal map of our individuality. -Christina Baldwin 
Gratitude is the sign of noble souls. -Aesop

4 comments :

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about Downtown Abbey! I'm going to have to give it a try when hubby is out and about. Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy february, natalie! valentines is always the best holiday, single or taken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy how January just flew by! Happy February, this single girl still loves this month :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.