January 21, 2012

This Weekend is For Book & Journal Lovers



Encouraging Blog Posts and Articles This Week: 8 Reasons to Journal (& some inspiration), Many Creatives, Setting Up a Moleskin, and Books That Speak to Me.

Check out these cool scripture journals, The European Paper Company, and The World's 6 Coolest Bookstores.

And for laughs... Judging Someone's Faith Based on their Bible Underlining.

Quotes I'm Loving...
Books. People have no idea how beautiful books are. How they taste on your fingers. How bright everything is when you light it with words. -Rachel Kadish
You must write every single day of your life… You must lurk in libraries and climb the stacks like ladders to sniff books like perfumes and wear books like hats upon your crazy heads… may you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world. -Ray Bradbury
Men do not understand books until they have a certain amount of life, or at any rate no man understands a deep book, until he has seen and lived at least part of its contents. -Ezra Pound  
A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen in morning light, at noon, and by moonlight. -Robertson Davies
A room without books is like a body without a soul. -Cicero
What books have you been reading lately? =)

3 comments :

  1. ohhhh my gosh, that bible underlining cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ezra and Robertson's quotes. Those are so true.

    I read a book I hated when I was almost 20 again, just about 2 years ago..so a good 8-10 years in between to see if I'd like it..still ended up hating it, but I think we should re read books over time to see what else we can get from it.
    Emily at Amazing Grapes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to get into reading again, I have a book list of about 5 books that I REALLY want to read, right now. I am currently reading Eternity in their Hearts (SO good) and Analects by Confucius (for school, ugh).

    PS I nominated you at my blog. ;) go check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.