January 27, 2012

Just Some Friday Fun

First, the lovely Breanne over at My World Resting On Your Love, passed on the Liebster Blog award to me. Be sure you check out her blog, where she writes on being a newlywed, her love for missions, and so much more. Here are the rules...
  1. Show your thanks by linking the sweet person who nominated you.
  2. Leave links to 5 of your top blogs and leave a comment letting them know!
  3. Post the award on your blog.
  4. Enjoy the Love :) 
And now the hard part since I follow so many great blogs... let's pass this on to...
  • Beka at hold on, love... because she's awesome and one of my closest friends from the blogging world.
  • Emily at Amazing Grapes for the endless laughs she brings. 
  • Courtney from Dress Up and Twirl because of her sweet friendship and prayers. I feel like she's a mentor =)
  • Jennifer over at Singing in the Rain for all her simple, yet encouraging reminders/posts
  • And Lauren from boy loves girl. I love getting everyday glimpses into her life =D
Second, both Allison over at Nestful of Love and Emily from Amazing Grapes tagged me for a game that's been floating around the blogosphere. I first have to list 11 random facts about myself (which is gonna be hard since I feel like I've probably said it all... at least all I'm willing to say)...
  1. I'm pretty seasonal about what drinks I order at Starbucks... Frappucinos and iced coffees in the summer, Caramel Apple Spice and Chai Lattes in the fall, and White Chocolate Mochas in the winter.
  2. Which brings me to the fact that I never buy a regular brew from Starbucks. For one, I can make pretty good regular coffee at home, and if I'm spending three or four bucks, it's gotta be special!
  3. My friends and I have a tradition to have an Irish movie marathon on St. Patricks day and gorge ourselves on pizza and cookies every year.
  4. I still like browsing the kids section in the bookstore.
  5. I think I've moved a total of nine times over the course of my life.
  6. I love, love, love P.F. Chan's
  7. I'm that weird person who tracks their packages online and anxiously awaits the mailman. My mailman is pretty awesome too. He likes to rock out to Mercyme in his mail truck, which I think is awesome.
  8. I don't eat fast food unless I'm on a road trip and there's not a Chipolte or Qudoba in sight.
  9. I've driven across the state of Kansas so much I've lost count. I'm sure it's in the thirties or something.
  10. Um... uh...
  11. We're currently remodeling our basement.
Now I have to answer  their 11 questions to me, but since that's a lot, I combined their questions and picked 11 I liked...
  1. If you had to choose between a burger or a slice of pizza, which would you choose? Hmm... pizza from White House Pizza outside of Aspen, Colorado.
  2. What is your favorite cartoon character? Charlie Brown =)
  3. Would you rather be at home in sweatpants or out on the town looking snazzy? Well that would depend. If I'm on my own, then stay at home, if I'm with someone else, out on the town.
  4. If you could get a free subscription to any magazine, which one would it be? Real Simple
  5. Would you rather live near the mountains or near the beach? This is tough since I've lived near both... um... be- No... mountains. I think.
  6. What is the best meal/recipe you've ever made? PW's Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta with homemade bread, then there's my brownie recipe that I'm in love with. 
  7. Do you prefer a wood fireplace or gas fireplace? and why? A wood fireplace. Just seems more romantic doesn't it? And you get that campfire smell. BTW... Guys who smell like campfires and s'mores... ;)
  8. If you were forced to choose between a chapstick, toothbrush or hairbrush to go with you on a deserted island, which one would you pick? AHH! OK, it's a toss up between the hairbrush and toothbrush... I think the toothbrush... yeah.
  9. What past time period would you like to live in? and why? Probably the 1940's. I like the fashion and a long list of other things that I'll save for another time.
  10. Which food could you not live without? Pasta, brownies, roasted garlic and asparagus... bread... I eat those things like they're going out of style.
  11. Where’s your favorite place to getaway? New England area or Colorado.
And at this point I'm supposed to tag 11 more people with new questions, but most of the people I'd tag have already been :) Have a great Friday!

4 comments :

  1. CONGRATS on the award, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww natalie, that means so much to me, thank you!!! i am thankful for you and the wisdom i always read on your blog!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie! You probably don't me yet. I'm Cherry of "a day with me", your new follower. Actually, I already visited your blog before and listened to your song selections in your grooveshark playlist. I must say I really love your type of music. Because of that, I'm inviting you to be my guest blogger playlist for February. Since Feb is the love month, I will post my Feb guest's playlist post exactly on Valentine's Day. I will be glad if you accept this invitation. But it's okay if you're not interested. Just post me a comment on my blog if you accept it or not so I will know what actions to be done next. If yes, I will send the mechanics via e-mail/comment here. If no, I will give the invitation to others. But I'm very confident that you will grab the spot to be a guest playlist on my blog. :) I rarely do this to anybody.

    Here's the link of my first guest playlist post by Linda (for January) to inspire you a little... http://moochinginspirations.blogspot.com/2012/01/guests-playlist-linda-on-soundtrack-of.html

    I hope to hear from you soon. Hopefully, it's a good news! :D

    xo Cherry
    http://moochinginspirations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.