January 7, 2012

Christmas and Crafting Ramblings+Weekend Link Love

First off, this is what I see when I view my blog, and what I wanna know is if it's the same for you as well or if that last link that reads Contact Info is floating around all weird-like and not as it looks here...

Secondly, since Christmas and New Years are over, I've moved onto Valentines Day. Thus, I make valentines. And I've come to the startling realization that I posses more valentines than I give out. Kinda a bummer actually when I think about it... but clearly it hasn't bummed me out enough to stop me from getting all Martha Stewart-like and reaching for the glitter. So... yes. It's winter, I can't do much outside hobby wise so I'm making valentines.

The one gag Christmas gift I got was flavored dental floss. My uncle is just strange like that. He gave everybody their own collection... which I guess was... thoughtful. I was y pretty disappointed that they didn't actually taste the flavor they claim. Although that pickle one may. Haven't tried it yet.





Onto this weekend links...
Earworm Song...


Quote Lovin'...
Man is more himself, man is more manlike, when joy is the fundamental thing in him, and grief the superficial. Melancholy should be an innocent interlude, a tender and fugitive frame of mind; praise should be the permanent pulsation of the soul. Pessimism is at best an emotional half-holiday; joy is the uproarious labor by which all things live. -G.K. Chesterton
The quickest way to the heart is through a wound. -John Piper
The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted. -Mother Theresa
Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. -Charles Dickens
Deeply earnest and thoughtful people stand on shaky footing with the public. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

6 comments :

  1. Contact info is not on that same line. It goes to the 2nd...

    Yay Valentines is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. contact info is on the same line for me, but if I zoom in it goes to the second line, so I guess it just depends on what size you view it in? Nonetheless, I still love the new blog layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that's just seen by you. It's just for you to be able to fix things easily. Like, adjust the order of your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the floss really tasted like pickles, cupcakes, or salad, how would you know if you had actually cleaned out the crevasses of your teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet song!! love it. also, i am so making one of those kitchenettes when i have little girls someday (because i just know i will have girls).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha flavored floss...never seen that one. I only see the Contact tab...nothing floating around! Love that song thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.