November 22, 2011

The Amish, Working Out, & Odd Ramblings About Who I Marry

So coming to campus today was totally pointless really. I got here and in first hour all we did was watch movie clips and an episode of the Twilight Zone. All of which were really depressing because we're studying Nietzsche, Jean-Paul Sartre, and existentialism. If you're in Philosophy or have taken it you can probably guess why I'd be bothered by it all. Literally the entire time all I could think about was C.S. Lewis. And how I don't like Woody Allen films. And why I didn't think to pick up something to eat on my way out this morning. That's when I realized I had a Milky Way in my bag. But then I figured I should save that for when I have to watch some boring technology documentary in Survey of Computing. Yes. It really is as lame as it sounds. Why on earth do college students like myself required to take this class? We already know everything. We're the most tech-savvy generation alive. It seriously is a waste of time. I'd much rather watch some random documentary on the Amish. Yes. You read that right. I've watched quite a few in the past month. I find them interesting. Especially National Geographic's Amish on Break. Seriously. It's neat. :)

What the heck, I'm going in for the candy bar! Here's my philosophy concerning sweets... One, I work out five or six days a week. (Apparently you can get addicted to exercise. Google it if you don't believe me. No I don't do it for the low self-esteem thing. The endorphins now... may be the root issue.) But I refuse to run. I hate running for longer than... a minute. Which is why I hope I don't marry a man who does those marathons and wants us to be that "cute" couple that runs together. Because it's so not happening. And weight lifting. I'm not to into that either. I'm sorta bothered whenever I see a female muscle builders. Sorta freaks me out. Pilates and cardio (other than that whole running thing) is the way I roll. Two, metabolism normally doesn't slow until after 23... so I've got three years left on that. Therefore, I will eat my cake and enjoy it to! 

Another thing... I'll have a big problem on my hand if I end up marrying a vegetarian or vegan. Big, big, big problem actually. I love a perfectly grilled steak. Or cheeseburger. Non of that tofu junk is going to go over well with me.

I've gotten way off track now.

But I've got three hours to kill before my last class till break officially starts and there's no homework to be done (sorta... I could get a head start by why?) and I don't have a book with me to read. So staring at a computer screen is my only option. Or stare at the only other person in the hall... but they might find that sorta creepy, and I'd find it boring.

So I shall sit here and continue eating my chocolaty goodness and reading the latest post from Driscoll, "8 Reasons Why Single Men Should Work in The Church Nursery." I concur. It drives me nuts when the few single, godly guys complain about not finding a Jesus-loving girl. You've got to be kidding me? I could make up an Excel Spreadsheet of available girls. There's no shortage of women in the church that's for sure. Look, close your eyes, spin in a circle, and at any point you stop and open them you'll find one in front of you. Maybe even two or three. Maybe I should consider being a Matchmaker... Nah... I could see that exploding in my face eventually.

But enough about my very disconnected thoughts at the moment.

My apologies if I offended any runners, body builders, or vegetarians.

6 comments :

  1. "I could make up an Excel Spreadsheet of available girls."

    That made me chuckle out loud. And I can't help but agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah "I could make up an Excel Spreadsheet of available girls."

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that was soo random. But funny!
    So you don't run or lift weights...so what cardio DO you do? I just can't seem to have the patience for pilates. I don't care for running but sprint more than run. And I'm a natural body weight lifter. Except for the whole kettle bell thing i just bought.

    Can I just say, I laughed at the 'we know everything' comment...(I'm going to tease you) that's what all the 'young people' say. haha You never know what you might learn and NOT know. ;)
    Emily at Amazing Grapes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer documentaries to most other television programs. Any and all of them! And agreed, I can't marry a guy who would require "couple runs." No no no :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should write like this more often. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.