October 25, 2011

Nothing is Wasted

I feel a little like Jeremiah lately. God's weeping prophet. I take a small amount of comfort in the fact that he was young, as am I. Many of the people my age around me are so full of dreams, and they're chasing after them. They talk on and on about all the exciting and great things they're getting to do, and don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them, but it's hard to relate to their joy most of the time. I guess in some ways I feel left behind... maybe not. What I've found is that my strongest desires, dreams, wishes... whatever you want to call them, cannot be found at a college campus. They would totally have to be God's doing. There's honestly nothing I can do to make them come to fruition besides waiting, and hoping. Both are extremely hard and tiring. In the meantime I have to keep working towards a degree. The majority of the time I feel like so much of my life is just being wasted. My mother likes to remind me that's not the case though. She's been saying it for as long as I can remember, "Nothing, absolutely nothing is wasted." She repeated it over and over when I climbed into her bed yesterday morning after everyone had left. I crawled up next to her as if I were three years old again and sobbed while she played with my messy curls, held me, and prayed. I know nothing is wasted, that God still has a plan and is sovereign. My head knows this very well, my heart doesn't though. It can't find solace in those truths at the moment.

4 comments :

  1. Don't worry child, He has you.

    I'm actually writing a book about these moments of feeling (being, if you wish) 'left behind'. I've been studying Jeremiah and Ezequiel (no picnic at a park) and what I've learned most from them is obedience, but also that the Lord is good. He takes our hearts and stills our cries only to show us that joy is right at the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-M7oGrOa2I

    ReplyDelete
  3. in some [small or big] way in all our lives, we all have a bit of that feeling that we're left behind, or just not happening, completely in waiting....

    nothing is wasted.....
    what a thing to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for loving mothers. There's nothing better.
    Stay strong. Its hard to relate to others when it seems things are going great for them. Remember you only see what someone wants to show you. I know you'll make it through. He's taking great care of you. :)

    Emily w/Amazing Grapes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.