October 18, 2011

Just Sitting Here

Thinking. I've done too much thinking and planning for my own good. It seems like everything I want to change doesn't (or goes at an extremely slow pace), and the things I don't want to change are, and at an alarming rate in my opinion. I've had so many conversation with different people, and I think I know where I'm going now. What I'm moving towards. That whole getting counsel from people that the Bible tells us to do... it actually works. (Well, that is if you have godly advisers.) I don't know why it's taken me so long to see certain things, or why I was so against them, but I'm coming around. I've been very unhappy with life for the past four months. And people kept telling me over and over, "Why don't you do what's going to make you happy?" Because what if what makes me happy, isn't God's will for my life? I get stuck on that idea too much. Is this God's will for my life? What's my calling? And I find the whole thing exhausting. Finally someone said it in way that make sense "If you're obeying God and are faithful to Him, you're free to do what you want." Really? It's that simple? I tried to find something wrong with that statement, but I've got nothing. So that's the path I'm headed down, and it's definitely cleared up some things. Because of this, come Friday morning I could really use your prayers, since I've got some important meetings and conversations with various people =) Hoping it all just goes well, and their will be few obstacles to get in my way, because I could use a break from those.

6 comments :

  1. i now follow you. please come see me @ http://cubettescorner.blogspot.com/ and follow if you like :)

    blessings! ><>

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't believe how many times I've got caught up on "Is this God's will for my life?" - This post and that quote will be firmly planted in my head and heart from now on. Thank you so much for sharing that!!
    Will be praying for you, friend :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is actually pretty simple like you said. I mean God's will is God's WAY. So if it aligns with scripture and it is congruent with Jesus, then, yep that's God's will. God didn't make us into puppets, He gave us free will, so we could be free to make our own choices. And yes He wants us to make the choices that bring Him glory, but as long as they are those choices that ARE bringing Him glory, well then, there ya go! The "secret" is to abide, love Him with all we have, read His word, seek his face, and beg him to change the desires of our hearts, and he'll show up. he'll speak. he'll change us. he'll guide us. he'll put that hunger in us if we are after HIM.
    sorry to ramble, thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If you're obeying God and are faithful to Him, you're free to do what you want."
    ...brilliant, just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying for you girl! I'm sure you'll make awesome decisions :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i love that statement! talk about relieving. sometimes it gets freaky trying to figure things out and everything's feeling complicated. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.