October 14, 2011

Back To Square One

So much has run through my mind for... a long time. It's hard sometimes to sort it out into a blog post (or several). If we were to sit across from each other at Starbucks, or even on the phone, I would spill it all out there. I sit in front of this screen and mentally go over a slew of things I'm burning to tell someone, anyone. Organizing it all though into neat little entries is hard sometimes. I mentioned earlier this week that I feel like I need to go back to the drawing board and re-evaluate and reorient many things...
  1. Make purpose statement (I've had this on my to-do list for... I don't know... three years? I need to get this done)
  2. Rediscover my passion and zeal for kingdom things
  3. Dig deep into seeing these specific characteristics of God: His goodness, tenderness/gentleness, love, and sovereignty.
  4. Learn to live out of a quiet and calm heart instead of a chaotic and loud one
  5. Figure out what the heck I'm good at (i.e. what are my spiritual gifts, and how can I maximize them on a practical level)
  6. Gain a Godly view/vision of Marriage and Men ('Cause lets be honest here, personal experience with this... not good, and this week was the last straw)
  7. Reconfigure my sabbath practices (I've let them kinda go haywire for the past four months)
  8. Learn to wrestle w/God just like Jacob did, until He blesses me
  9. What does it mean to suffer well when suffering comes
This time it's a little different, because I'm taking you all along for the ride. Sorta. As much as I can do here on the blog. Which means you've got some blunt stuff coming your way, but bear with me as I navigate some of these waters, because I promise you I will surly stumble at times.

And a huge thank you to all of you who've e-mailed me, or chatted with me this week, or left me encouraging comments. It's meant a lot to me, and I'm grateful that in the midst of your busy lives you take the time out to do that. Every time I see your messages they give me a boost. If I could, I'd give each and every one of you a great big hug and a plate of brownies =)

7 comments :

  1. I have no doubt things will start to come together for you once you're able to get back into how God wants you with a quiet and calm heart. :)

    Have a great weekend.
    Emily w/Amazing Grapes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the list is a great start :) And I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say as you explore these things and what they mean in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet God is up there smiling at your zealous heart for Him :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like change is coming. I'm holding my breath because I'm sure it will be an exciting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hugs back!
    only wish we could have the brownies and coffee over a real table, not bloggy-like though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm sorry I have been a horrible blog friend lately! :( I kinda disappeared from the whole blog world for a while...needed a break! I have been reading down your post. I'm sorry that you have been having a rough time lately! I loved this post tho, sometimes it's good to just sit down and refocus on the important things in life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, i like the idea of a purpose statement! share it with us when you come up with yours! thats a nice list you have... and seriously, that stupid guy is stupid... STUPID! you are truly clothed in strength and dignity and know what you want in a man and i love that you wont settle for less.

    remember that God already knows who the one he has for you is and is preparing him for you... just as he is preparing you for him. i used to write letters to my future husband... it helped when i felt disappointed in guys, when i was just longing to be with him already, and when i just wanted to share my heart with him.

    in the meantime...take some time for yourself and the Lord and treat yourself to some starbucks or chocolate or something!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts, comments, and encouragements! =) I do monitor every comment I get so that I can comment back as much as possible.

Any comments I personally deem as inappropriate or disrespectful (and any spam) will be trashed.